Art & Health: Artwork by Health Care Professionals at WVU
Reception: Health Sciences Center Pylons, September 20, 2018, 12-1pm
Exhibition: Health Sciences Library, September 20-December 15, 2018
In collaboration with Health Sciences Center, this display includes a range of two and three dimensional work by people who work in health industries at WVU, including photography, painting, ceramics and more, with topics ranging from landscape to health to abstract expression.
- Kimberly Rauscher, Occupational and Environmental Health Sciences Associate Professor (painting)
- Beth Ann McCormick, WVU Dept of Pathology Program Assistant (hand-painted ceramics)
- Benjamin Silverberg, Emergency Medicine Doctor and Professor (photography)
- Randall Levelle, School of Nursing INSPIRE Grant Manager (photography)
- Dana Gray, Surgery Research Coordinator (mixed media)
- Denise Porter, Mammographer (painting)
- Ismail Asad, pre-medical student (digital design)
Visitors are invited to a write a response to the artwork in this exhibit on view at the Health Sciences Library through December 15. Limited to 1 page. Submissions sent to juror Jason Kapcala, author of North to Lakeville and Coordinator of Auxilary Aids in WVU Office of Accessibility by December 15, Jason.Kapcala@mail.wvu.edu. 1st place winner will receive a signed copy of Kapcala's book; 2nd place winner will receive a signed copy of Roundabout Directions to Lincoln Center, by Renee K. Nicholson, Professor of Multidisciplinary Studies.
Please also visit the Art and Health online exhibit.